We are looking for a high-caliber and active modern dance artist with adequate professional experience in both Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland. The successful candidate will take up the title of Artist-in-residence with a concurrent appointment as our China Industry Relations Moderator. He/she is expected to develop new dance works, to initiate dance workshops, to maintain and develop networks with dance practitioners in Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland, and to be involved in the establishment work of the new dance production company.
The appointment will normally be made on an initial contract of one year, which may lead to a longer-term appointment, subject to future need and mutual agreement.
The appointment is expected to start as soon as possible.
- A recognized degree in dance/choreography, or in other fields with a proven record of relevant experiences
- A minimum of 6 years of professional full-time work experiences in an artistic role in reputed dance institutions in both Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland is essential
- Adequate possession of cross-regions industry networks
- Demonstrate the potential as a young choreographer
- A good record of international performing experiences will be an advantage
- Adequate knowledge of dance festivals and industry events in Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland preferred
- Willing to travel to the Chinese mainland on a frequent basis
- Passionate about fostering the communication between artists in Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland
- Willing to take up administrative duties in a whole new organization
Applicants should submit a full profile of their relevant experiences and a list of work in either Chinese or English via JobsDB by clicking the button below. The application deadline is 17 Jan 2021.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.